A loved one passes
Wednesday,March 15,2006 at 12:18 pm.My wife's mother has just passed away only a minute ago in a hospital room in Vermont. I'm numb as I stand helpless next to my wife and listen to her sobs as well as those of her younger brother and older sister.I put my arms around her and hold her close to my side.There are no words possible at this time. There are no words necessary.The void lays in front of us all and there is none who can fill it. The rest of the family comes and goes.Saying their goodbyes with lumps in their throats and burning tears in their eyes..... It's quiet now.......2:20pm. Only my wife,one of our daughters and I remain. And for the first time I realize that there is a clock in the room. I can here it talking.Wave after wave,memory upon memory floods through our minds. Each of us sits silent in their own thoughts. And the clock says that there will be no additions to what we now have for memories.My wife wants to stay "just a little longer". I take a deep breath trying not to break down.Thats the last thing she needs right now. There will be much to do in the up coming days. My time to morn, my time to think, my time to cry will come later.It's not about me. It's really not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home